Chris Jones is an American football punter who plays for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). Previously, he played college football for Carson-Newman College.
Chris Jones Bio & Family: Age, Parents, Ethnicity, College, Height
The 30-years-of-age football player was born on 21 July 1989 in Rome. Georgia, the United States. He was raised by his parents, Mike Jones and Teresa Jones, who were supportive of his career from his early days. Chris holds white ethnicity and his birth sign is Cancer.
About 6 feet (1.83 meters) tall in height, Chris attended Coosa High School where he commenced his amateur football career. He was an All-area punter as a senior. Later on, Chris accepted a football scholarship from Carson-Newman College. During his college career, he was a four-time starter and All-SAC performer.
His NFL Career, Contract & Net Worth
Chris was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dallas Cowboys after the 2011 NFL Draft on 28 July 2011. He entered the 2012 season as the starter at punter. However, he suffered a left knee I jury on 23 September 2012.
Later on 10 March 2014, Chris signed his exclusive rights tender of $645,000. He signed a 4 year, $8,700,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $2,500,000 signing bonus, $4,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,175,000 in 2017. As of the year 2020, Chris earns a base salary of $1,900,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,400,000 and a dead cap value of $1,000,000.
Chris, who was reported in the media that he played through a back and sports hernia injury in the 2019 season, amasses a healthy net worth for his professional career.
Interesting For You: Know About Nick Folk; Stats, Salary, Wife, Age, Cowboys, Team, Height
Co-Parents Two Kids With His Girlfriend-Turned-Wife
Chris Jones and his long-time girlfriend, Sara Jones, have been married for nearly a decade now. They have seen every thick and thin on their lives and have never stopped loving and supporting each other.
Back on 20 November 2016, while Jones was busy with his Sunday’s game, his wife, Sara, was ready to welcome their first baby. After the game, Chris bolted to the hospital and almost 22 hours later, the Joneses welcomed a baby girl, Magnolia Ryan, at 5:45 p.m. on Monday.
Later on 12 April 2019, the couple welcomed their second child, a baby boy. The family of four is leading a solid life despite the coronavirus pandemic.
Some Interesting Facts About Chris Jones
- During his high school days, Chris also practiced track and field besides football.
- As a senior in college, he was second in the league with a 42.1-yard average, had a long punt of 73 yards (school record) against Winona State University, landed 15 punts inside the 20-yard-line, and had nine punts of at least 50 yards.
- Chris was released by the Cowboys on 15 November 2011 and he signed to the practice squad, only to be promoted back to the active roster on 31 December the same year.
- His career highlights include 2 times Second-Team All-SAC (2008, 2009) and 2 times All-SAC (2007, 2010).
- Chris is active on Instagram where he often shares the pictures of his family with 21k followers.