Greta Van Susteren is an American journalist who served for various news channels such as CNN, Fox News, and NBC News. She hosted the Fox News’s show, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren from 2002 to 2016.
Greta Van Susteren’s Bio; Parents, Education, Ethnicity
The Appleton native was born as Greta Conway Van Susteren on 11 June 1954 to parents Urban Van Susteren and Margery Van Susteren. Her father was an elected judge in Appleton, Wisconsin and her mother was a homemaker. She belongs to mixed ethnicity as her parents were of Dutch and Irish descent.
Greta grew up along with sister Lise Van Susteren and a brother Dirk Van Susteren. She attended Xavier High School in Appleton. Later, she earned a Juris Doctor degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1979.
Her Career; Fox News, Net Worth, Now
In the beginning, Van Susteren was a legal analyst on CNN and later hosted CNN’s Burden of Proof and The Point. While on the network, she contributed to the coverage of the O.J. Simpson murder trial and the Elian Gonzalez custody battle. In 2002, she joined Fox News Channel and started to host the show, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren.
After working for 14 years, she resigned from Fox News in 2016. She joined NBC News in 2017 and anchored news show on MSNBC for several months. For nearly six months, she hosted news show, For the Record with Greta on the network. She is an anchor and volunteer for the multimedia agency, Voice of America. In 2019, she joined the Gray Television and now she is hosting a talk show Full Court Press, which will air in September this year.
Greta Van Susteren hosted On the Record with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News for 14 years (Picture: The Wrap)
Apart from the media role, Greta is also an author. She wrote Everything You Need to Know about Social Media: Without Having to Call a Kid (2017) and co-authored My Turn at the Bully Pulpit: Straight Talk about the Things that Drive Me Nuts (2013).
Well, the veteran journalist has amassed the astonishing amount of fortune from her journalism career. She currently enjoys the net worth of $35 million for her profession since 1979.
Married To Lawyer Husband, Children
Greta is now relishing her married life with husband for more than three decades. She tied the wedding knot with John P. Coale in 1988 and they are inseparable since then.
Greta Van Susteren has been married to lawyer husband John P. Coale since 1988 (Picture: Zimbio)
John is a professional lawyer who has played important roles in the investigation of disasters occurred throughout the world. He was previously married two time before marrying Greta. The couple does not have children and relishes in their company together.
Some Interesting Facts About Greta Van Susteren
- Greta and her husband John are members of the Church of Scientology.
- She became the 94th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes in 2016.
- She co-owned a restaurant, Old Mill Inn in Mattituck, New York from 2006 to 2014.
- Her father Urban Van Susteren was a longtime friend of the U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy.
- She has interviewed various political personalities such as Former President Bill Clinton and First Lady Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin, Henry Kissinger. Moreover, the sports and entertainment figures such as Mike Tyson and Kim Kardashian also sat down for an interview with her.
- Her sister Lise is a forensic psychiatrist in Bethesda, Maryland and her brother Dirk is a journalist and was a long-time editor of the Vermont Sunday magazine.