Last Updated on: February 10, 2020 by: Celebs Podium
Renée Zellweger is an American actress and producer known for her amazing acting skills and numerous accolades. Besides her acting fame, the stunning actress often makes social media buzz due to her relationship ups and downs.
Renée Zellweger’s Oscar Triumph!
The 50-years-of-age actress just added another great honor to her awards shelf with an Academy Award win on 10 February 2020. She ended awards season on high taking home the glory for best actress at the 92nd annual Academy Awards. The star won the Oscar for her portrayal of the late Judy Garland in the 2019 biopic, Judy.
Renée, who previously bagged an Oscar for her supporting role in 2003’s Cold Mountain, paid tribute to the enduring legacy of Judy Garland, who died at age 47 in 1969. She remembered the actress in her acceptance speech just as she did earlier this year in her Golden Globes and Film Independent Spirit Awards winning speeches.
Watch Renée Zellweger’s Oscars 2020 speech (Video: Twitter)
While securing the honor, she left behind the talented actresses Charlize Theron, Cyntia Erivo, Scarlett Johansson and Saoirse Ronan.
Renée Zellweger Short Bio: Early Life and Family Details!
The Oscar-winner was born as Renée Kathleen Zellweger on 25 April 1969, in Katy, Texas, the United States. She is the daughter of her parents, Emil Erich Zellweger and Kjellfrid Irene (née Andreassen).
Her father, Emil, who hails from Switzerland, was a mechanical and electrical engineer who worked in the oil refining business. Besides, her mother, Kjellfrid, with Norwegian nationality, served as a nurse and midwife before moving to the U.S. to work as a governess for a Norwegian family in Texas. Renée shares a sibling bond with her brother, Drew Zellweger.
As of her educational background, Renée attended Katy High School. Eventually, she enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1991.
Relationship Life: Who Is Her Husband?
As opposed to her successful professional career, Renée Zellweger has gone through a lot of relationship bliss and mishaps up until now. Her first relationship was in 1999 when she met Canadian-American actor, Jim Carrey. The pair eventually got engaged but failed to strengthen their relationship for long. They sadly parted ways in 2000.
After that, she had a brief relationship with American musician Jack White in 2003. Furthermore, she married an American country music singer named Kenny Chesney in May 2005. However, the married couple couldn’t keep their bond for long as Renée obtained an annulment with her husband four months after their wedding ceremony.
Renée Zellweger with her ex-boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II (Picture: US Magazine)
Renée’s next relationship was with American actor and filmmaker Bradley Cooper, whom she met on the set of Case 39 in 2009. Unfortunately, the actor pair’s romance went south in 2011 which was strong enough to end their togetherness. Eventually, she started dating musician, songwriter, and producer Doyle Bramhall II in 2012, only to part ways with each other in 2019.
Some Interesting Facts About Renée Zellweger
- At Katy High School, she was a cheerleader, gymnast, speech team member, and drama club member.
- Apart from two Academy Awards honors, she has received two BAFTA Awards, four Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, a Independent Spirit Awards, four Screen Actors Guild Awards, a British Independent Film Awards, and awards from the London Film Critics Circle, National Board of Review, National Society of Film Critics, New York Film Critics Circle, and Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
- She was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 2011.
- Renée was one of the world’s highest-paid actresses by 2007.
- Her actual net worth figure dwells above $60 million as of 2020.
- She took part in the 2005 HIV prevention campaign of the Swiss federal health department.